Winner 2016 Matchman of the Year
I am 27 and I used to live in Ramsey St Marys in the heart of the fens and it was a choice of doing nothing or fishing the countless fen drains around my house!! I first started fishing with my best friend at the time and his father. I joined a club, first of all fishing junior matches, then onto the senior club matches.
My first open win was at thirteen on the Old Nene, At fourteen/Fifteen joined Sensas Dick Clegg Mark One and my fishing has just progressed from there.
I am now living in the Heart of Manchester and re-adjusting myself to getting involved with the local open scene which is much more healthy than back in Cambridgeshire. My main goals for the forthcoming season will be to get in the top ten at a Whiteacres festival, Qualify for the Maver Pairs Final and Qualify for the new Maver Match This Competition. I am also involved with the UK Champs and I would love to finish in the top four.
I have been with Bag'em matchbaits from its inception and it's a real honour to be part of a great company that is going to be a major force in the UK market. Long may this continue.
Achievements to date:
- Winner Matchman of the Year 2016
- Runner up Matchman of the Year 2015
- Qualified for Maver Match This 2015
- Runner up - Preston matchman of the year 2015
- Runner up - Oaks Festival 2013
- Winner of Heronbrook Fishery Easter Festival 2013
- Winner Individual League Champion at Heronbrook Fishery 2013
- 2nd in the British Pole Championships 2010
- Whiteacres Milo Festival 4th overall 2010
- Drennan U21 team gold
- Fishomania Runner up
- In Fishomania qualifiers I have been 2nd twice, 3rd and 5th twice
- Senses challenge frames
- Drennan National Superleague frames
- Countless open wins
- Tunnel Barn Farm winter league team win
- Barford lakes winter team win
- Runner up individually angling times east midland winter league
- Fished two Angling time’s winter league semi finals and finals
One moment that sticks out for me for some reason was when I was fishing a club match for Ramsey AC. The angler on the far bank (I won’t name names!) struck like zorro into the tree. After entangling his rig in the branches he pulled back for a break to see his top four come flying off and into the middle of the lake. After twenty minutes of coming up with various ideas to get it back he eventually stripped naked, jumped into the lake and retrieved his top kit! I had to stop fishing for the tears!!